Up to £120000.00 per annum
11 months ago
C£120,000 + benefits
With an enviable client portfolio of blue chip brands and a reputation across the market for innovation, agility and dynamic delivery, this ambitious Media SME has anchored its success on the quality of its people.
Having recently received significant funding it is now poised to triple in size over the next 4 years.
To help guide the direction of this exciting stage of growth it is seeking to appoint a charismatic CFO.
In this business critical role, you will:
- As a member of the Exec team and partnering the CEO/Founder, acting as confident and advisor driving the business agenda, ensuring business decisions are grounded on both financial rationale and business context
- Help form the strategic direction, applying business creativity in tandem with financial discipline, bringing commercial rationale to future investments opportunities
- Coach and develop a small finance team and manage the outsourced accounting relationship in the US
- Provide ongoing risk and opportunity assessments of the business, including full accountability for ensuring robust corporate governance and compliance, and advising on any future corporate activity
- Drive improved yet simplified data insight through the organisation, partnering business heads and actioning a transparent understanding of business performance
- Work closely with the various functional agency teams to encourage improved understanding of pricing, cost control and client contract profitability
- Implement a transparent and rigorous financial control structure, ensuring a 'no surprises' environment
- Own the budgeting, forecasting and planning processes, delivering improved management information and developing new reports and models that are appropriate for non-finance stakeholder consumption
- Take the existing financial function and introduce automation and simplification across the structure
As a highly credible senior finance professional with impressive levels of gravitas and intellectual horsepower, you will have demonstrable experience of successfully partnering an Exec team, having played a critical role in the growth journey.
With a natural hands-on approach to an entrepreneurial SME environment, you will easily demonstrate the skills and behaviours to operate at ground level in a shirt sleeves rolled up capacity and simultaneously able to provide strategic guidance and leadership.
Previous experience of working within the Media sector is not essential however, to be successful in this role you will have experience of working within a creative and dynamically changing, fast paced SME where you will have executed measurable business improvement.
Personality and behaviours are a key element for the successful candidate. Humility, business acumen, first class communication skills, attention to detail and a confidence in your own ability are pre-requisite if you are to excel within this dynamic, fast paced and exhilarating environment.