Founded in 2003, Acrylicize has created a unique position in the art and design space by designing bespoke artworks, art schemes and customer experiences for some of the biggest brands in the market. Structured into three complimentary divisions; Create, Curate & Activate, the business has a clear & credible vision for significant growth in the coming 3 years, aiming to double turnover and treble profitability in this period through established studios in London & Seattle and new premises in NYC.
Acrylicize are looking for a game-changer; an experienced, charismatic and commercial CFO who can report to both the Founder & CEO and ensure this vision becomes a reality. This is a truly unique opportunity for someone to lead the financial and strategic sides of a dynamic, growing business.
The CFO's duties will include:
- Act as a key member of the Exec team and lead partner to the CEO & Founder.
- Help shape the overall direction for the business; consider future funding and investment strategies.
- Embed improved understanding of pricing, cost control, client / contract profitability and overall business performance.
- Own the budgeting, forecasting & planning processes, deliver improved management information and develop new reports & models as relevant.
- Coach and develop a small finance team and manage the accounting relationship with US.
- Implement a transparent and rigorous financial control structure, ensuring robust corporate governance and compliance, and advising on any future corporate activity.
Acrylicize live by three core values; Lead With Love, Be The Game & Best In Class and hence having the right personality traits and behaviours will be key attributes for their first CFO. This person will also:
- Be a highly credible, senior and fully qualified accountant with the gravitas, intellectual horsepower and proven experience to successfully partner an Exec team in a growing business.
- Possess a natural hands-on approach as befits a dynamic, entrepreneurial SME environment.
- Operate instinctively at both a granular & strategic level, being able to simultaneously provide strategic guidance and leadership alongside more rudimentary reporting & analysis.
- Enjoy delivering improvements to analytical outputs, financial models & other business metrics.
- Ideally have some experience of securing external investment / funding and potentially have been though an exit or trade sale as well.
- Note: Prior experience of the Creative sector is not essential.