Local Authority position
Role: Category manager (Managing the Public Health, Children, Young People and Learning sub-categories)
Hybrid Working (Once a week in Chichester office)
Permanent position (£56,939 - £60,258)
Cedar are currently supporting a Local Authority in the South of England who are looking for a Category Manager within their Public Health and Children/Young people subcategories! In this role, you will collaborate with the category lead and high level directorates to champion a best practice commercial approach. You will develop and implement procurement strategies within these subcategories in addition to providing best practice guidance for the procurement of your subcategories. You will also be actively involved in contract management and supplier relationship management.
Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of the Public Contract Regulations 2015 and the forthcoming Health and Care Act Provider Selection Regime.
- Experience of delivering and implementing category and sourcing strategies, delivering strategies for various sub-categories.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, demonstrating ability to engage with stakeholders at multi levels.
- Understands change management and process improvement with experience in supporting business process/organisational change.
- A skilled negotiator with a broad range of skill sets.
- Ability to conduct analysis on complex data sets to provide concise insights.
- Strong project leadership and management capabilities and experience, with capacity to manage multiple small and medium sized projects.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Ideally an MCIPS qualified procurement professional, or working towards MCIPS with significant experience managing and leading projects.
- Knowledge and experience of public sector procurement processes, using Government procurement frameworks.
- Experience of identifying and implementing relevant commercial terms and has a good understanding of commercial risks and exposures.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering total cost of ownership savings.
- Understanding of supplier management and can demonstrate development of a supplier over time.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the latest market and procurement trends within the sub-category area of expertise.
- Good knowledge of chosen category area.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a brilliant opportunity you will receive:
- A competitive salary.
- 29 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- A generous pension scheme.
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring.
- A strong supportive management team.
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 (Including: Argos, Samsung, Asos, B&Q and many more).
- Free access to employee assistant programmes.
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres.
- Car benefit scheme.
- A range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives