My client help people understand how to live longer, healthier, happier lives.
They are a leading player in global wellness chosen by millions as their trusted partner for personalised wellness journeys.
"Own the product management process from drawing board into our customers' hands."
My client have a great opportunity to join their Buying Team. This will be a hybrid role with a minimum of 2 days based at our Head Office. As a Category Manager you will report to the Head of Category, and will own the product management process of a specialist, market leading retailer - from the drawing board into our customers' hands.
The successful candidate will be highly driven and tenacious with experience in retail buying. You will be responsible for developing the buying strategy for your growing product areas, and will source and develop product ranges which satisfy our customers' requirements, whilst achieving our company objectives.
By confidently using your influencing and negotiating skills, both with our supplier base and internally, you'll work strategically to make sure we deliver customer-centric ranges and promotions that meet our financial targets.
- Continuously reviewing current Category performance and the market place, to ensure you understand how your area is currently trading, and how you can build on this to deliver profitable growth.
- Working with the Own-Label Buying and Product Development Teams, and the supplier base, to deliver an innovative and profitable product range to meet anticipated customer demand and improve the commercial performance of the Category.
- Leading supplier negotiations and joint business planning for our key strategic partners, to maximise profitability, ensuring that suppliers meet requirements on margin, marketing support and delivery performance.
- Leading the promotional trade planning process and master plan for the category which is customer led and drives profitable sales growth, and being supplier funding champion/lead for the category.
- Delivering range reviews for your category focussed on meeting the needs of our customers, and delivering profitable growth.
- Working with the Trade Planning and marketing teams to maximise the success of promotional activity and NPD launches.
- Working with the Digital team to understand our customer behaviour online and tailor purchasing mechanics for trial, conversion & repeat.
- Providing information and analysis to assess levels of slow moving & dormant stock and work with the team to clear. Maintain stock at agreed levels for planned activity and to reduce overstocks.
- Responsible for direct reports' performance and development through objective setting, coaching and development.
- Experience of Category Management or Buying.
- Good negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Track record of working independently.
- Ability to build relationships both with suppliers and internal multi-discipline teams.
- Strong numeracy and analytical ability to find trends and patterns from reports.
In addition to competitive salary, company benefits and flexible working, you can expect the support, tools and encouragement to make your mark and succeed in this role.