Category Manager l £35,000 + £5000 cash car allowance + 11.5% bonus l NHS Supply Chain l Remote Work
Cedar are supporting an NHS supply chain organisation who are looking for a Category Manager to join their team. Reporting into a Senior Category Manager or a Head of Category, this is an excellent opportunity for a Category Manager or Buyer with NHS or wider public sector procurement experience to join an excellent organisation and gain a broad understanding of the NHS supply chain. This is a permanent position and will be mainly remote working, with 1-2 days required in the office per month (travel compensated).
The ideal category manager will come from an NHS or other Public Sector organisation and have experience supporting delivery of category strategy plans and managing category spend to agreed time scales. The successful candidate will strive to achieve value for money in procurement and maintain a high standard of professionalism.
Responsibilities of the Category Manager
- Undertake compliant procurement processes (e.g mini-competitions)
- Adhere to procurement and contract management principles
- Lead on preparation of tenders, tender evaluation, negotiations and contract award
- support the development of new procurement services
- maintain strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
Requirements for the Category Manager
- Experience within a UK public sector procurement role
- Understanding of OJEU regulated procurement
- MCIPS (ideal)or CIPS
- Strong stakeholder engagement
You will receive
- Up to £35,000 salary + £5000 cash car allowance
- Up to 11.5% Bonus
- NHS discount card
- Remote Working
Apply Now to be considered!