City of London, London
Up to £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Cashbook/Management Accountant - - £45k - - City of London - - Restaurant/Hospitality
Cedar is currently working closely with an instantly recognisable restaurant group that is recruiting an experienced Management Accountant to join their team in London.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful Cashbook/Management Accountant will be someone who can identify issues and solve the problems independently and has the excel skills required to deal with a large multi-site business (25+ sites).
Industry-relevant experience (either hospitality, leisure, retail) is essential.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Daily Sales Report- reporting daily achievements of the business
- Ensuring the accuracy of sales recording in a weekly and monthly basis.
- Reporting Bank balances in a daily basis.
- Daily Cash reconciliation - following differences with the sites, Bank.
- Weekly Credit card reconciliation
- Reviewing weekly Bank recs.
- Producing Till reconciliations reports- cash shortages
- Constant communication with sites and Operation Managers.
- Investigating the differences.
- Auditing for errors on a daily basis.
- First contact for GMs - advising site manager with cash queries. Resolve discrepancies and queries, log and escalate where appropriate.
- Producing Sales invoices.
- Monthly reconciliation of other debtors account.
- Ensuring the accuracy of payments/ receipts recording.
- Monthly / weekly reconciliation online sales.
- Monthly / weekly reconciliation App sales.
- Monthly / weekly reconciliation Deliveroo sales.
- Monitoring and reconciling in a monthly basis cashbook related nominal accounts, e.g. Petty Cash, debtors, cash shortages
- Performing bank administration duties.
- Relevant sector experience would be advantageous - Hospitality, Leisure, multi-site Retail or FMCG
- A positive attitude who operates effectively but can be resilient when needed
- Someone with a 'can do' attitude who is not afraid to get stuck into processes and systems that require improvement
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Great relationship building skills and a strong communicator
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Intermediate Excel skills
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.