Capital (Capex) Accountant
£50,000 + bonus + package + study
Based in Coventry, UK
Excellent company benefits
Hybrid working - 2 days per week in the office.
Permanent, full-time role
Are you a Capex specialist Finance Professional looking for your next career move?
If so we have partnered with a very successful and well-known retailer who are looking for a proven Capex Accountant with a commercial mindset who can lead the departments Capex spend and controls. This is an integral role and will be responsible for working with the wider business to implement solid capex insight.
The successful candidate will be working towards their professional ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualifications and have strong experience with assisting the production of management accounts and capex.
Key responsibilities and person specification
- Preparing the month end Capex
- Maintaining Capex controls
- Producing annual budgets and midyear reforecasts
- Support process improvements on existing processes
- Reporting & tracking to give optimal visibility of spend with minimal manual interaction
- Reporting on spend versus budget by Project & Business area
- Advanced MS Excel experience
- Strong understanding of fixed assets and depreciation
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.