Capex Finance Manager, FTSE 100, Central London, c£70k + Bonus + Benefits
I am working with an instantly recognisable blue chip, FTSE 100 technology firm who are looking to hire a Capex Finance Manager to look after a c£200m Capex budget.
We are looking for a confident Capex Manager to assume a critical role within this complex organisation. You will be responsible for management of a substantial capital expenditure budget and the oversight of capital investments made.
The Capex Manager is expected to engage in financial analysis, budgeting, and decision-making to ensure that capital expenditures align with the strategic objectives and financial health of the business unit.
- Lead the management of the Digital Business capital expenditure budget, ensuring it remains within financial constraints while aligning with the strategic goals.
- Vigilantly monitor and control project costs to ensure they stay within budget. Provide recommendations when necessary to avert cost overruns.
- Assess investment opportunity business plans and evaluate the potential returns of these capital investments using financial metrics such as NPV, IRR and payback period.
- Conduct thorough cost-benefit analysis and sensitivity analysis to support informed decision-making.
- Play a vital role in supporting the annual capex investment planning process, ensuring alignment with the broader business strategy.
- Collaborate with Operations to forecast costs and maintain project cost transparency, offering essential insights to project owners.
- Present financial analysis and recommendations to senior management, breaking down complex financial concepts.
To be successful:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience of reviewing and appraising Capex investment cases
- Strong financial modelling and Excel skills
- Highly analytical and structured, with ability to manage complexity
- Experience of working across a complex matrix organisation