Our client, a major FMCG player is seeking to hire a Buying Analyst into their Procurement team.
Working with globally recognised brands the Buying Analyst will take accountability for supplying the wider Buying Team with key management information and reports, they will also provide administrative support to the Procurement and Buying team.
Key Responsibilities for the role include:
- To prepare reporting on spend management of material groups and provide analytical support
- Deliver Company objectives in terms of cost, quality, service and innovation. Work closely with manufacturing sites, supply chain and central technical partners to ensure the delivery of key material group projects.
- Manage and own the Supply base from a price, efficiency and ensuring supply continuity to all sites
- First point of contact for Sundry Packaging Category providing issue resolution support
- Assist and support the buyers in analysis and implementation of their portfolio pricing, system uploads and approvals
- To consistently assist buyers on deliver Cost Base Reduction on the assigned categories through price accuracy, analysis and reporting.
- Support the Buying team by extracting the portfolio specifications in a report format on a monthly basis
- To ensure procurement and other key business processes are adhered to
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process for all categories
- To maintain and develop positive relationships with team members and contacts around as well as outside the business.
- Ensure compliance to the Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) system.
- Identify external standard methodology and gain market intelligence to help develop sourcing strategies
- Collaborate closely with Procurement Finance to ensure that reported numbers are accurate
Successful candidates will have experience of working within a dynamic procurement function. Good interpersonal skills are essential as the role involves engagement across a wide partner and supplier base. Strong project, analytical, quantitative and organisational change abilities are also useful as well as the ability to identify and resolve issues.