W. London, London, England
£55000 - £60000 per annum + 20% bonus and excellent benefits
6 months ago
This listed group operates market-leading events across the world including Europe, Asia, Africa and South America, in a variety of sectors such as energy, food and fashion.
The business has a fantastic high-energy sales environment, with swanky modern offices (ping pong tables etc) and a fun social environment with a supportive team culture.
The Brands division is the fastest growing with double digit growth at £50M turnover. This meaty role is responsible for the financial accounting and financial planning activity of the division, reporting into the Finance Director for Brands, and will be building a team of 2.
With heavy investment into finance they are driving huge improvements to systems and processes which you will help drive, recruiting two people to report into you, and being helping to streamline the reporting to free up more time to add value and business partner the division.
- Contribute to the future design & development of the Brands Finance Strategy
- Proactively identify risks and challenges to the Brands division
- Co-ordinating forecasting and budget cycles, which includes:
- Timetabling and co-ordination of delivery of templates and materials
- Updating of consolidated divisional templates and packs for submission
- Budgeting, tracking and forecasting of Divisional Overheads
- Co-ordinating all month end and financial reporting procedures, which includes:
- Liaising with Central Finance on timetables and preparing timetables for the Divisional teams
- Preparing/overseeing monthly accruals and prepayments (with support from the Commercial Finance teams), including payroll journals
- Balance sheet account reconciliations for review with FD
- Co-ordination and preparation of the financial sections of Monthly Board packs for FD and MD review. This will involve working with the Divisional Commercial Finance functions and sitting in review sessions with the Divisional Managing Director.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders (including Central Finance, senior members of the Brands Leadership team, HR, IT etc)
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Fully qualified accountant with PQE
- Strong analytical and financial accounting skills
- A sense of fun, enthusiasm and creativity
- Strong commercial awareness