City of London, London
£40000 - £50000 per annum
3 months ago
Are you a Qualified Accountant looking for a new challenge? A London based Top 20 firm of accountants is seeking an Audit Supervisor to join their Assurance department, is a busy and varied role that would suit a qualified ACA/ACCA (or similar Qualification).
You will be required to provide on-site management of each assignment in an efficient and effective manner. To help ensure that client received a quality service in all aspects.
- To ensure that the assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions.
- To carry out the more rigorous aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm's procedures.
- Assisting with internal and external quality assurance, ensuring any actions are completed in line with the firms and professional standards.
- To communicate any problems in complying with these instructions, or any contentious issues identified, to the assignment manager immediately, identifying and commenting upon the possible solutions.
- To act as day-to-day point of contact for the client, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To provide adequate briefing, supervision and "on the job" training for trainee staff.
- To review work completed by trainee staff for adequacy and completeness, and to undertake job appraisal interviews.
- To summarise time spent on regular basis, and to perform the firm's review and completion procedures before passing the files for manager review.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the Institute's CPE requirements.
- To maintain training records conscientiously and keep up to date with examination studies, where applicable.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any Ad Hoc duties.
Personal and professional qualities The role requires:
- Candidates must be ACA or ACCA part qualified/qualified
- Previous experience of carrying out Assurance related tasks as requested by the Assurance Manager.
- Proven experience in client handling.
- Proven Assurance experience in producing high quality Assurances.
- Assurance experience from a practice background would be distinct advantage.
- Assurance experience of Owner Managed Business clients would be advantageous.
- Experience of analytical review approach desirable.