City of London, London
£40000 - £48000 per annum
5 months ago
Are you a Qualified Accountant looking for a new challenge? A Top London based Accountancy is seeking an Audit Senior to join their Public Service Group.
It is a busy and varied role that would suit a qualified ACA/ACCA (or similar Qualification).
You will become part of the close-knit team which provides a range of advisory, audit and accounting services to the firm's clients.
- Contributing to team planning meetings and taking responsibility for completion of planning files, including documentation and evaluation of material systems.
- Performing preliminary analytical review and highlight risk areas for further audit investigation.
- Contribute to the work programme for the assignment tailored to the risks associated with the client.
- Draft the budget and assigning audit areas to team members (where applicable) so as to manage the audit risks and develop the team members.
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of the Audit Strategy Memorandum to the client.
- Preparing or supervising the preparation of draft statutory financial statements based on information provided by the client.
- Organising, preparing agendas for and, where appropriate, chair team meeting and communicate the strategy to team members.
- Ensuring all review points are noted and cleared.
Controlling the Assignment
- Supervising and directing staff; allocating work to team members based on skill and knowledge, ensuring development objectives are met.
- Completing complex areas of the assignment.
- Providing on the job training to assistants.
- Reviewing work and providing informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage. Ensuring issues are highlighted and resolved before manager review.
- Acting as a point of contact for both manager and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
- Reviewing actual to budgeted time and informing managers of any issues immediately.
- Building strong working relationships with clients, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
- Communicating with all other departments (e.g. tax, outsourcing etc.) and passing on all relevant information.
- Being aware of developments concerning client affairs and any opportunities to provided additional services.
- Completing financial statement testing, including completion of disclosure checklist and closedown of audit files.
- Ensuring standards and procedures are maintained by the whole team; completing/presenting audit file with cleared review points.
- Collate and validate all errors, uncertainties and exceptions.
- Drafting the audit opinion summary for review and drafting management letters and any other reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers where required.
- Providing constructive feedback for the completion of staff appraisals on the assistants and seniors and 360 degree feedback on managers and partners.
- Qualified accountant - CIPFA, ACA, ACCA, CA or equivalent (essential)
- Holds external audit experience, delivering audit services to the Public Sector (essential)
- Demonstrates and applies advanced technical, commercial and Public Sector industry knowledge to the role, identifying issues and solutions
- Pro-actively identifies client need and keeps them informed of project status as appropriate
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Begins to develop a network of client contacts
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control
- Acts as a role model for the team and values others expertise
- Provides assistance, shares experiences, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others
- Willingness to be involved in delivering feedback to the wider team, including presenting group training sessions
- Commitment to self-development
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness