Bristol City Centre, Bristol
£27000.00 - £40000 per annum
11 months ago
20 Sep 00:00
A top ranked global professional services organisation is actively seeking to appoint an Audit Senior (ACA/ICAEW) to manage an expanding portfolio of PE, AIM & FTSE listed clientèle based in Bristol.
* Regular discussions with the client to confirm progress, identify solutions to any hurdles and ensure reasonable expectations are met.
* Establish relationship with key contacts at the client.
* Identify and highlight any opportunities for the business apparent from work undertaken.
* Assist and perform training of junior staff.
* Plan, assign, monitor and review work of junior staff.
* Complete assessment forms of audit team.
* Monitor adherence to budget.
* Assist with the planning of audits and accounting assignments.
* Perform work in accordance with audit and assignment procedures.
* Ensure all areas of the work are completed with any exceptions to this being agreed with the manager.
* Prepare draft accounts/report and completion memo (including identification of control weaknesses or areas of improvement) for review by manager.
* Understand and appreciate key commercial aspects of the clients business.
* Provide regular progress reports to the manager.
* Identify and discuss with manager issues/problems and agree and complete appropriate actions.
* Ensure deadlines met.
* Be able to work on several different assignments at one time.
* Attendance on courses.
* Technical reading.
* Attend client meetings.
1. Judgement: be able to take a situation and reach a suitable conclusion based on information available.
2. Planning and organising: needed throughout process to ensure deadlines met.
3. Customer focus: develop relationship and gain confidence of client.
4. Commercial awareness: awareness of the key business drivers and the commercial pressures affecting the client.
5. Teamwork: ability to optimise the team's performance and fulfil the needs of each team member in terms of personal and professional. development.
6. Technical expertise: technical competency.
* ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent.
·Candidates must be ACA or ACCA part qualified/qualified
·Previous experience of carrying out Assurance related tasks as requested by the Assurance Manager.
·Proven experience in client handling.
·Proven Assurance experience in producing high quality Assurances.
Why this organisation?
For over a century, our client has provided tailored financial and professional services to private clients and their business interests. Today, the firm is one of the largest independently owned investment managers in the UK. Its 1,800 staff serve clients including individuals, families, entrepreneurs, charities, trustees, professional advisers and businesses from 13 offices in the UK, Ireland and Jersey.