£45000 - £52000 per annum
8 months ago
A top ranked global professional services organisation is actively seeking to appoint an Audit Manager (ACA/ICAEW) to step lead an expanding portfolio of PE, AIM & FTSE listed clientèle based in Southampton.
- Client Portfolio - ensure that clients receive an efficient and proactive service and client expectations are exceeded throughout the year. Liaison with client Partners and other staff where appropriate to ensure all are kept up to date with relevant issues
- Audit work and setting budgets - act as audit lead on privately owned and AIM listed clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers, with overall responsibility for each assignment being retained by the Partner
- Commercial awareness of all aspects of clients' businesses and the impacts on our work
- Management - arrangement of timetable, booking of staff, planning review and completion of audit and other related assignments
- Business/Practice Development - preparation and review of proposals for new work, attendance at marketing events, development of personal contacts and identification and pro-active development of opportunities with current clients
- Department Administration - monitoring of qualified and student bookings and workloads to ensure most efficient use of resources.
- Liaison with junior staff to assess any issues that need dealing with
- Training and development - ensuring assessment forms completed and feedback given to staff on all jobs.
- Ensuring appropriate in house and external training received personally
- Client billing/commercial awareness of WIP
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA)
- Significant external audit experience gained within a professional services environment
- Experience of working with entrepreneurial, OMB, SME and AIM listed clients
- Experience of (and appetite for) business development activities such as targeting, preparation of proposal documents, proposal presentations and attendance of networking events
- Demonstrable working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, industry specifics and their application
- Good working knowledge of skill requirements of staff at various levels to ensure work undertaken by appropriate individual
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise with clients, Partners, staff and other professionals
- Previous experience of management and motivation of staff to ensure best performance
- Organisation to ensure needs of clients, partners and staff are all met
- Monitoring costs against budget for individual clients
Why this organisation?
My client is a leading independent provider of investment management, accountancy, tax, corporate and financial advisory services to private clients, corporates, professional practices, and non-profit organisations. With 13 principal offices in the UK and Ireland, 1,600 people and an international capability in over 100 countries, there aim is to provide an innovative global service.