City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
5 months ago
A top ranked global professional services organisation is actively seeking to appoint an Audit Manager (ACA/ICAEW) to step lead an expanding portfolio of PE, AIM & FTSE listed clientèle based in London.
- Ensure that clients receive an efficient and proactive service and client expectations are exceeded. Identify issues and agree resolution with client Partner, ensuring they are up to date with the job's progress.
- Awareness of commercial aspects of clients' business and its impact on our work.
- Provide regulatory compliance advice to clients in respect of the FCA Handbook, in particular, IFPRU, GENPRU, CONC, BIPRU and CASS, including application of the FCA Rules and regulatory reporting.
- Be aware of developments in regulatory requirements and how these have an impact upon our clients.
- Organise staff on jobs, ensuring each individual is clear on expectations and timescales, is properly trained and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensure any shortages or excess workloads are identified and minimised.
- Ensure assessment forms are completed and feedback given to all staff on all jobs.
- Provide internal training in respect of the FCA Handbook to staff.
- Prepare proposals for new work.
- Attend relevant marketing events.
- Present at financial services seminars.
- Attend financial services focus group meetings.
- Develop personal contacts.
- Identify and develop opportunities with current clients.
Liaison with other departments:
- Ensure the department is providing the support required by other departments and vice versa.
- Monitoring of time costs on a regular basis to ensure any problems are identified early and action taken as necessary.
- Significant experience gained within a professional and/or financial services organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of working with and/or for FCA regulated organisations.
- Demonstrable audit experience essential with regulatory consulting experience advantageous, although not essential.
- Good working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards and industry specifics, in particular the FCA Handbook, and their application.
- Good working knowledge of the skill requirements of staff at various levels to ensure work is undertaken by appropriate individuals.
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise with clients, partners, directors, staff and other professionals.
- Organisation to ensure needs of clients, partners and staff are all met.
Why this organisation?
For over a century, my client has provided tailored financial and professional services to private clients and their business interests. Today, the firm is one of the largest independently owned investment managers in the UK.