We are currently working with a leading international real estate business who are seeking to hire an experienced SOX Assurance profession from practice to head up a new work stream for this exciting opportunity.
You will oversee the timely delivery of high-quality SOX program and special project(s) in accordance with professional standards. You will be instrumental in the design and implementation of internal controls strategy to identify and mitigate risks while meeting expectations of key stakeholders and external auditors.
- Participates in the development of the annual audit plan utilizing a risk-based approach, including the implementation and utilization of emerging technologies (e.g., future of risks and controls).
- Drives day-to-day management of the SOX program from planning through scheduling, preparing, execution, tracking and reporting; this includes SOX walkthroughs, control testing, deficiency evaluation and remediation tracking.
- Reviews workpapers and provide comments and finalize reports.
- Conducts interviews with business partners to ask engaging question and quickly understand complex areas.
- Provides project teams with guidance and feedback on risk mitigation and controls implementation activities.
- Participates in performing audit procedures around business process controls including impacts relating to system implementation activity and automated controls.
- Maintains a strong understanding of GAAP, SOX, COSO, financial risks and controls, and leading business practices.
- Implements processes to track and report on status of risks and controls setup for projects to senior leadership while also being able to develop realistic time frames for completion of related activities.
- Responsible for leading, mentoring and managing staff, including; planning, delegation, and tracking of work; training, development and coaching.
- Coaches and develops others, creates high performing teams, and gains reputation as a talent magnet.
- Sustains professional and technical knowledge with the idea of expanding this knowledge, personal growth and development through continuing professional education efforts.
- Ensures adherence to principles, policies, and standards, and improves quality and process reliability in a cost-effective manner. Facilitates communications and problem resolution, and provides appropriate feedback, both positive and constructive, within the team.
- Minimum of 5+ years of recent SOX or internal audit experience with knowledge of general accounting and audit procedures required.
- Recent 3-4 years of Big 4 accounting firm with SOX/public accounting experience required.
- Knowledge of leading internal control and risk management practices and standards, and ability to perform detailed risk assessments.
- Experience facilitating training and awareness relating to SOX initiatives and compliance on a global basis.
- Established expertise in auditing concepts, approaches, tools and techniques; risks and controls; standards, frameworks and best practices.
- Exposure to PeopleSoft and MS Dynamics is a plus.
Qualified accountant, CIA qualified or equivalent.