Cedar are supporting a Local Authority who are looking to hire an Assistant Procurement Manager for Social Value on a 12-Month Fixed Term Contract. This role has a salary range of up to £38,000 on offer and will be based both from home and on client site (ideally 1-2 days per month) meaning we are open to applications throughout the UK.
The Assistant Procurement Manager will report in to the Social Value Lead and will represent the Procurement function internally and externally to further understand social value in target audiences, pursue collaborative opportunities with partners and network with peers to keep abreast of best practice. The successful candidate will lead research, options development and options appraisal for workstreams under the social value programme. Effective collaboration within multidisciplinary teams will be needed along with supporting the development of colleagues both within procurement and across the Authority. This will include working with the Authority and external partners on communications campaigns to raise awareness of social value priorities and opportunities to maximise delivery.
Candidates applying MUST HAVE experience which covers:
- experience working in a similar role in the UK Public Sector covering Procurement or Category Management is required
- knowledge of Social Value and experience implementing Social Value in tenders (from either a Buyer (Public Sector) or Supplier (Private Sector) angle) would be advantageous
- knowledge of Contract Law and Legislation relevant to Social Value and its impact on market management, finance and contractual relationships would be advantageous
On top of the salary provided you will also receive some of the following benefits;
- Local Authority Pension Scheme
- 26 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Continuous Professional Development - opportunity to complete CIPS/MCIPS