Assistant Finance Manager - FMCG - West London - £50k + 25% bonus
A multinational consumer FMCG business and the market leader in their category has a unique opportunity for a recently qualified Finance Analyst to step up into an Assistant Finance Manager role. The business has a number of household name brands in their portfolio and biggest market share with some of their core products.
This newly created position is a unique opportunity to drive improvements to the monthly reporting, own P&L models for actuals and forecasts, and partner budget owners in a real P&L focused role. You will have exposure to Exec-level stakeholders, with a chance to really add commercial value as a respected member of a tight nit, buzzing Corporate Finance team.
The business is super acquisitive, growing each year and creating new opportunities for people to progress into. If you are someone who is passionate and ambitious, enjoys building relationships with commercial stakeholders, can think outside the box and loves solving problems - then this could be the perfect role for you!
- Monthly Indirect cost management and financial reporting of a €110m budget, covering month end and rolling forecast
- Preparing timely and insightful commentary on actual performance and forecast for use by the Board and Exec, drawing out key issues for discussion
- Involvement in the Budgeting and Forecasting of Head Office departments, such as HR, Finance etc.
- Leading the budgeting and reporting of the US entity
- Owning and maintaining the Financial model for reporting of actuals and forecasts in Microsoft Access
- Deliver simplification, standardisation and automation of reporting and processes across the business
- Business partner with Senior Management to provide support, cost control and governance
- Preparing and posting journals to make any required amendments to cost centre reporting
- Input to the broader FP&A sharing network, to identify and share best practice
- Ad hoc analytical support as driven by the needs of the business as senior leadership team
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- A recently qualified accountant
- Confident, energetic personality who enjoys building relationships with stakeholders
- A self-starter who would like to progress rapidly in a fast-paced dynamic and growing FMCG
- Good month-end experience and exposure to P&L costs
- £50,000 salary
- 25% bonus (last paid out at 155%)
- Medical, dental and loads of big company perks and benefits
- A buzzing, social work environment with regular work events, drinks etc.
- Flexible working with fantastic training and development opportunities