Assistant Finance Business Partner (Engineering and Operations)
FTSE 100 SUBSIDIARY
BASED IN WEST SUSSEX
£30,000 - £40,000 (dependent on relevant experience) + study support
FULL TIME ROLE - 9.00am to 5.30pm
Excellent benefit package including bonus, pension and hybrid working model
A truly unique and exciting opportunity to join a subsidiary of a globally recognised aviation company. You will join a small successful team who are looking for an ambitious individual who can make a real impact to this newly created role.
The successful candidate will step into a reporting focused role, supporting the FBP in maintaining asset accounting while modelling operational and engineering costs to produce accurate management accounts, including meaningful variance analysis. Providing quality financial information to assist Ops & Engineering budget holders to make informed business decisions and driving the business to deliver strategic objectives.
- Assist the Finance Business Partner (FBP) in managing accurate asset register through the SAP asset module. Forecasting and reconciling to GL, with details of additions, disposals and depreciation, to include;
- Creation of WBS elements in order to process additions . Ensure that all fixed assets have necessary capex approval and are capitalised in line with policy
- Running the depreciation in the SAP asset module each period, checking the accuracy of output & analysing variances to financial plan
- Acting as a superuser for SAP asset accounting module to include documenting processes & supporting colleagues
Assist in recognition of new ROU assets & liabilities, posting journals for monthly reporting & reconciling balance sheet. Complying with Group reporting requirements.
- Assist the FBP in managing accurate forecasting, provision build & utilisation for engineering related agreements. Scope to extend acquisitions.
- Support tender processes to achieve marginal gains on 3rd party contracts across engineering and operations to improve financial and non-financial outcomes.
- Support updating the Excel financial model for forecast changes
- Support the production of monthly management accounts and monthly updated full year forecast to defined timetable and in defined format and meaningful monthly results commentary, including variances to last forecast and detailed causal analysis.
- Journal preparation and posting for management accounting including calculation of accruals and prepayments
- Analysis of spend against budget and forecast, including overhead analysis and accurate calculation of accruals and prepayments for management accounting. Schedule meetings with Budget holders to review spend vs budget / forecast & support overhead budget holders in completing budget submissions.
- Complete analysis of accrual workings & reconciliations within remit, including building accrual estimates for disruption, working with the business to understand our monthly liability
- Assist with the production of timely financial analysis, monthly internal management information and KPI dashboards, working in partnership with stakeholders.
- Assist with annual financial plan preparation & business plan modelling and assist in the annual audit preparation
- Create reporting to satisfy stakeholder requests, providing challenge where required & highlighting any risks or opportunities with FBP
- Proactively look for workflow improvements within the function to drive efficiencies
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as required by the Finance Business Partners, Finance Planning & Analysis Accountant & Finance Manager.
- Maintain process maps and notes on duties undertaken
- Support wider team in delivery of tasks & reviewing output as required (accounts)
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.