Up to £28000 per annum + discretionary annual bonus
9 months ago
Cedar is currently recruiting for an Assistant Credit Manager for a renowned media business based in the Essex.
Supporting the Credit Manager, this role will be responsible for reducing debt, handling queries, and working with the team to streamline processes. Leading an evolving credit process and policy will be a key part of this role, as will the management and development of the credit controllers.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Chasing customers for payment by phone and email.
- Keeping the credit control system up to date with clear notes.
- Handling customer queries regarding payments and invoices.
- Reconciling customer accounts including withholding tax and exchange rate differences.
- Working to challenging call and cash targets.
- Leading regular discussions about processes, strategy and improvements, with the goal of systematic processes.
- Attending meetings within the group, some travel may be required.
- Managing the month end process and reporting within the groups deadlines
- Identifying and escalating potential bad debts to management
- Leading the weekly huddle, monthly catch ups and credit meeting
- Motivating, managing, mentoring, training and development of the Credit Control team
- Account escalations and legal processing
- Managing withholding tax.
- Query log management.
- Assisting the credit manager with the development and implementation of group policies and processes including but not limited to, credit policy, payment terms, credit balance processes, bad debt provision and other process documents.
- Experience in B2B credit control including reducing DSO and ledger balances.
- Minimum GCSE English and Maths grade B.
- ICM Qualification preferred.
- Previous management experience of a team
- Intermediate Excel and Word including VLOOKUP's.
- Strong communication skills.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Must enjoy working as part of a lively and hard-working team.
- Experience of using Sun and Salesforce would be an advantage.
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company with a stellar reputation, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.