£30000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
15 days ago
Assistant Category Manager l 12 month FTC l Up to £38,000 l Essex / Remote Working l Public Sector
Cedar are supporting a large Public Sector client based in Essex who are recruiting for several Assistant Category Manager positions. These roles are on an initial 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (FTC) with the potential to convert to a full time permanent position with a salary range between £30,000 up to £38,000 on offer. These opportunities will be Remote Working, in line with current government guidance, and will then revert to a mix of home and office based (confirmed as 1-3 days in the office when required).
The Assistant Category Manager will report into the Head of Procurement and the role will have no line management responsibilities. Successful candidates will manage the delivery of sourcing processes in a compliant and timely manner and will be directly responsible for contracts assigned with a maximum value of up to £25m to achieve continual innovations and Value for Money (VfM). Candidates will also be responsible for assisting in strategic management of smaller contracts to ensure service level agreements and key performance indicators are monitored.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious assistant category manager to gain experience within a large and complex organisation with excellent development opportunity.
Candidates applying for this role MUST HAVE:
- CIPS qualified (or working towards) or equivalent qualifications/work experience
- Understanding of Category Management methodologies to deliver cost savings and/or service improvements
- Understanding of running Procurements in the Public Sector in line with PCR and OJEU regulations
- Supplier negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in categories covering areas such as ICT, Waste Management, Corporate Services, Social Care (Adult & Children Services) and Property/Constructions would be advantageous.
- £48,000 Salary
- Generous Pension
- Remote working
- Generous Holiday
- Fringe Benefits
Apply Now to be Considered!