Cedar are supporting an IT Managed Service Provider based in North Yorkshire who are looking to hire an Assistant Buyer. This is a permanent role offering a salary range of £25,000 up to £30,000 per annum (plus benefits). This role will operate on a hybrid basis with the split being in the office 2 days per week and the remainder from home.
Reporting in to the Head of Procurement the Assistant Buyer will work in a busy and varied role to support the full end to end management of Purchase Orders (POs) and related processes. You will help build/support supplier databases, help resolve supplier invoice issues, provide ongoing scheduling and order management and create SKU's where needed. You will also be required to manage supplier contract documents, maintain procurement function SharePoint and shared drives as well as manage supplier onboarding process/documentation. On top of this you will also run tactical quotes and buy sourcing services under the supervision of the Head of Procurement and/or Senior Buyers. This role offers a lot of growth potential and exposure to various parts of the clients internal procurement process/requirements.
Candidates applying MUST HAVE:
- minimum of 2/3 years' working in a Buying or Procurement role
- excellent Microsoft Office skills - advanced Excel is essential, familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics 365 would be advantageous
- Good commercial acumen, data analytics skills and an eye for details and accuracy
- Able to work at pace and process quickly but accurately
- Existing knowledge of data and information processing
- Project management abilities