Up to £37868.98 per annum
6 months ago
My client, a well established not for profit organisation, is seeking an Assistant Accountant to join them on a 12 month maternity cover. You will be joining a well experienced team, assisting both the Deputy Finance Manager and the Group Financial Controller.
- You will be work on weekly bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for daily review and posting of income for all departments/entities.
- Preparation of accounting entries for all collections and distributions.
- Assisting the Deputy Financial Controller to ensure ledgers for all companies are up to date and accurate.
- Managing the petty cash and credit cards processes and monthly reconciliations.
- Working with and reviewing the prepayments and accrual accounts.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting the of preparation of tax and statutory company returns.
- Assisting in year-end accounts preparation and audit queries.
- Assisting the cash flow analysis and projections.
- Provide project accounting support and other business partner support for departments.
- Cover essential/urgent duties of absent colleagues.
- Carry out any additional project work.
- Ideally Educated to degree level OR educated to A-Level/equivalent with a financial qualification, such as AAT.
- Actively studying towards a professionally recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Experience of working in an accounts environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the basic standard accounting processes and procedures.
- Proven experience with complex reconciliations and strong technical ability in accounting basics.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and a positive service driven attitude to colleagues.
- Problem solving and solution focussed approach.
- Proactive attitude; questioning as appropriate and making suggestions for improvements.
- Experience of SUN accounting systems.
- Experience of accounts preparation and statutory/regulatory requirements.
If this sounds like a position which fits your experience and would be of interest please contact
Matt Sommerville - 0203 002 8055