City of London, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Cedar is delighted to be working with a global events company based in Central London who are currently recruiting a part-qualified Assistant Accountant.
The company is currently in the middle period of change, and has recently experienced significant growth through acquisitions.
The ideal candidate will have come from an Audit background within Practice and have already made the move into Industry, coming with 6-12 months' industry experience.
- Preparation of the year-end and half yearly schedules
- Preparation of the UK-based subsidiary financial statements
- Preparation of the back half of the annual report and interim results
- Dealing with the external auditors
- Assist the regional teams with their completion of monthly cash flow reporting and become involved in the Group review
- Improving the efficiency of the subsidiary account and tax filings
- Completion of iXBRL tagging of the statutory accounts
- Review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations produced by regional finance teams
- Support in the implementation of new accounting standards
- Preparation for monthly schedules for management accounts (fixed asset register, venue loan reconciliation, goodwill and intangible assets)
- Monthly and ad-hoc journal postings
- Ad-hoc technical accounting advice and support to regional finance teams
- Experience dealing with external auditors
- Multi-company and multi-currency experience
- Attention to detail, quality conscious (essential)
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel (intermediate level)
- Motivated, confident, enthusiastic, creative, well organised
If you are looking for a new challenge and are wanting to be part of a fun, fast paced environment then this could be the role for you. This is a fantastic company who will offer career progression in the foreseeable future. If this sounds like a role that matches your profile, please apply now.