Cedar are currently looking for an Assistant Accountant to join a property company based in Central London.
Please only apply if you are on a 3 week notice period or less as this role is to start ASAP.
Salary £32,000 - £34,000 per annum + study support
Reporting into the Financial Controller
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for multiple entities.
- Preparation of VAT returns for multiple entities.
- Preparation of CIS returns for multiple entities.
- Assist with the accounts payable process, including:
- Coordination of invoice and purchase order approvals.
- Posting of invoices onto the accounting system.
- Processing payments via internet banking.
- Dealing with supplier queries.
- Review and booking of staff expenses.
- Assist with the accounts receivable process including:
- Processing of standing orders and direct debits.
- Allocation of payments to invoices on accounting and property management systems.
- Raising and processing sales invoices.
- Processing deposit refunds and inter-company cash transfers.
- Preparation of journals and other supporting workings for review by the Management Accountant.
- Assisting the Management Accountant with monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting the Management Accountant with tax returns for the Group's property owning SPVs.
- Assisting with the external audit process.
- Involvement in the administration of the Group's transfer pricing arrangements, including identification and execution of recharges.
- Testing of bank covenants and the drafting of associated compliance certificates.
- Drafting of utilisation requests and the preparation of debt drawdown packs in connection with the Group's borrowings.
- Preparation of credit card reconciliations.
- Preparation of petty cash reconciliations.
- Holiday / absence over for Credit Controller including; liaising with tenants for the collection of rent arrears.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
Experience, Qualifications and Attributes required:
- Ambitious and hard working.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate confidently with finance and non-finance professionals.
- An organised approach to work.
- Great attention to detail.
- Prior experience of working within a finance function.
- Studying towards a professional accountancy qualification.
- Strong IT skills and the ability to quickly pick up new systems.
If this role is of interest, please apply online ASAP. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.