£30000 - £32000 per annum
10 days ago
Cedar are currently looking for an Assistant Accountant to join an entertainment company based in Central London.
This role will be paying £30,000- £32,000 per annum.
- You will prepare recurring month end journals for digital revenues and expenses with commentary on variances.
- You will prepare the monthly pipeline revenue schedule and associated journals with analysis of monthly movement.
- You will prepare estimations for current month revenue and cost accruals with analysis of accuracy against forecast and prior month estimates.
- You will track digital provider deal financials including; deal economics, minimum guarantees, earnings and recoupment.
- You will work closely with the Digital processing team to ensure risks to the business are mitigated and work with FP&A to review month end accounting against forecasts.
- You will prepare and reconcile the monthly affiliate repatriation process for digital sales and arrange payment through to repertoire owner.
- You will prepare revenue accruals for global affiliates and provide these to the affiliates.
- You will prepare balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring adherence to all relevant SOX controls.
- You will liaise with internal departments including business development and business affairs.
- You will develop strong relationships with affiliates to provide support and assist with their queries as and when required.
- You will provide ad-hoc analysis and support to the team, including the Senior Director and VP.
- You will continually suggest improvements for the development of effective controls and processes, and where possible assist in the implementation of such improvements.
- You have excellent oral/written communication skills.
- You have the ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- You are able to perform in a fast-changing environment.
- You take own initiative and responsibility over own workload, while working within the goals of the team.
- You are friendly and have a fun personality.
- You have experience with Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Excel skills.
- Taken exams towards relevant accounting designation (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- 2 years of experience in finance or accounting.
- Knowledge of nominal ledgers and database management systems (eg. Oracle GFS, Business Objects, HFM).
If you are interested in this role please apply online ASAP.