City of London
£30000 - £33000 per annum
16 days ago
My client is an established market leader in arts education resources with a team comprising a range of experts with high level professional experience in theatre, education and technology. Due to continued investment, they are currently seeking an Assistant Accountant to join their growing team on a permanent basis. This is varied role which will offer exposure to all aspects of accounting and would suit a proactive individual who is looking to grow their career as the business expands. Based in the city you will be;
- Responsible for parts of the US, UK and Group month end processes and management accounts
- Semi-monthly payroll for the US company and assisting with monthly UK company payroll
- VAT and VAT MOSS reporting
- Accruals and prepayments
- Maintenance of the fixed assets register
- Aged debtors reporting
- Credit control and writing demand for payment letters where necessary
- Replying to customer finance queries
- Assisting sales team with administrative tasks such as vendor registrations
- Reconciliations (for example to ensure all invoicing has been completed per our sales database)
- Ad hoc finance requests as needed
You will be an aspirational individual but also happy to be hands-on as the team, although growing, is fairly small and close knit. You will be able to adapt within a fast-paced environment and be happy to take ownership of many of the finance requirements across their UK and US companies.
You will also need to have strong excel skills to v-lookup and pivot table level and have an understanding of the nature of a small finance team within the context of a growing business. An interest in the arts, theatre or education would be a definite plus.
Should this role be of interest, please submit your CV for consideration as soon as possible.