Up to £65000 per annum
21 days ago
Cedar are currently looking for a Accounts Receivable Manager to join a retail firm in central London. This role is paying up to £65,000 (DOE)
Managing a Team of 4
This role reports into the Global Transactional Hub Lead and plays a key part of the delivery of accounting services in the business. The role is responsible for the oversight and delivery of Order to Cash activities for across all markets.
The Accounts Receivable Manager is responsible for the overall performance and direction of the Order to Cash tower within the Global Transactional Hub. The Accounts Receivable Manager leads a team of accountants/analysts to ensure that overall delivery of services to Markets meets or exceeds agreed KPIs and SLAs defined between the Markets and the Global Transactional Hub and is compliant with policies as well as the controls framework. As a member of the Management Team, the Accounts Receivable Manager plays a critical role in building the capability and standards of the Global Transactional Hub and will support the development and sustainability of the Global Transactional Hub by ensuring service delivery excellence.
This role will suit someone who is highly analytical, and process driven, a self-starter who is happy to roll up their sleeves, loves food and retail, and is excited to work at a fast paced, high growth retailer.
What will I be doing?
- Set and manage Order to Cash tower performance and strategic direction, while ensuring smooth delivery of day to day operations
- Be responsible overall for correct representation of Revenue P&L and manage any dependencies with other departments as required
- Sign off on any write offs if required and in accordance with policy and accounting standards
- Coordinate with Operations to stay abreast of new commercial developments that impact accounting and design solutions to accommodate these
- Provide input to the FP&A team in the preparation of forecast based on predefined parameters
- Provide input to the Treasury team in the preparation of cashflow forecast
- Coordinate with the Tax team to ensure correct tax treatment applies to all revenue streams
- Carry out people management responsibilities including:
- Plan, assign and direct work to accountants/analysts
- Appraise performance, provide feedback and coaching, and reward and discipline employee
- Provide opportunities for learning and self-development, and facilitate the development of technical competencies
- Continuously strive to build a culture of high performance
- Facilitate effective teamwork and build collaborative relationships internally and externally
- Ensure that overall delivery of services to divisions meets or exceeds agreed KPIs and SLAs defined between divisions and the Global Transactional Hub and is within a strong internal control framework
- Provide the environment for the Order to Cash team to achieve and sustain best practices in effectiveness, quality delivery and efficiency within a strong internal control framework which covers end to end Order to Cash delivery through the Global Transactional Hub and the broader organisation.
- Work with the Finance Leadership and Transactional Hub Leads to ensure that all engagements with the customer are aligned, understood and that customer needs are being documented and prioritised for action
- Act as a point of escalation within the Order to Cash processes for critical/complex issues
- Create a mindset of innovation aimed at constantly challenging the norm to drive business value
- Responsible for ensuring a disciplined approach to operational excellence/performance management is in place and evolves over time
- Driving ongoing continuous improvement within Order to Cash to improve profitability
Skills and experience
- 5+ years' management experience. Retail experience advantageous but not required
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and NetSuite system would be an advantage
- Highly analytical individual with good maths and statistical knowledge, with a Mathematics or similar background highly advantageous
- A commercial mindset, able to extract insight from complex data, ideally having worked in a similar commercial role before
- Either professionally qualified (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) or equivalent experience
- Excellent Microsoft Excel reporting and modelling skills - quick and efficient at creating reports and manipulating data from various systems to support analysis
- Strong relationship builder with those inside and outside of Finance
- Resilient - able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to analyse information and present it in a format that is easily understood by the audience
If this role is of interest, please apply online ASAP. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.