Accounts Receivable Accountant - Retail business
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000
Location: Brent Cross, NW2
Hybrid: Office based, WFH 1 day every fortnight
We are partnering with a leading award winning and innovative British retail healthcare business based in London who are looking for an Accounts Receivable Accountant to join them on a permanent basis.
Accounts Receivable and Credit Control:
- Responsible for managing the Sales Ledger and Credit Control, ensuring the accounts are up to date, complete, and timely.
- Liaise with internal personnel and external customers to ensure efficient processing and receipt of customer debt.
- Support UK National accounts team with the accurate and timely receipt, processing and invoicing of UK Wholesale customer orders.
- Ensure new customer set-up processes is followed by company personnel, gaining the relevant manager approval, and credit checks before entering new supplier into SAP.
- Issue on a timely basis customer statements
- Allocate customer receipts via the bank, to the relevant customer account in SAP
- Actively chase customers with overdue balances, and ensure the Dunning process is followed
- Regularly review aged debtors, clearing/processing any credit balances in a timely manner. Agree with Senior Finance Manager actions for outstanding/aged balances.
- Proactively liaise with Sales team for invoices in query to obtain their swift resolution
- Manage queries with customers to ensure accounts are accurate and complete, maintaining good on-going relationships.
- Proactively look are ways to improve efficiency in the AR area, particularly the usage of SAP and automation.
- Ensure E-Commerce sales/invoices are raised and reconciled with payments on a regular basis. Particularly Chinese E-Commerce sales.
National Accounts Order Processing:
- Process all UK wholesale orders received direct or via EDI daily
- Update SAP customer master file with latest sales prices, and promotional prices
- Manage the Amazon Advance Shipment Notifications in line with the customers requirements
- Manage effectively customer invoice queries with the National sales or Supply Chain teams
The successful candidate must have a recent experience working as an Accounts Receivable Accountant preferably in a products related business and have experience with EDI processes. You will be well organised with an analytical mind, have reconciliations experience and must be competent using Excel up to V Look Ups and pivot tables.
If this sounds like it could be a good fit for you and would like to discuss in more detail, please apply online ASAP.