Accounts Payable Specialist
£36,500 + study support
Hybrid working (3 days per week office based)
Permanent, full-time role
Are you an Accounts Payable Specialist studying or looking to study ACCA/CIMA?
If so, we have partnered with a financial services organisation who are looking for a proactive and organised individual to join their growing team.
The successful candidate will have proven accounts payable experience, coupled with excellent communication and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ever changing workloads.
- Invoice and payment processing (UK & International) including treasury FX deals and deposit management.
- Daily treasury system (Salmon) reconciliation of bank accounts for Guernsey and/or UK plus cover for overseas offices
- Cross training for overseas AP tasks
- Expense claim processing via Concur
- Weekly reconciliation of key balance sheet control accounts
- Generation of receivables invoices
- Send out debtor statements and chase overdue balances.
- Daily bank reconciliations and postings into SunSystems
- Export of transactions from Salmon to SunSystems
- Employees credit card program management
- Ensuring a prompt month end closedown
- Help other teams with queries and requests received into a central mailbox as well as verbally
- Journal filing
- Must have suitable accounts payable work experience ideally at a financial services / professional service or other relevant structured organisation.
- Graduate level or A-level educated coupled with relevant work experience (or equivalent)
- Actively studying or looking to study CIMA / ACCA.
- A flexible team player
- Experience of SunSystems and/or Concur would be highly advantageous but not a prerequisite
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communication skills (able to communicate at all levels) and good level of written English.
- Ability to work under pressure and an understanding of the importance of prioritising work.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.