Purchase Ledger Clerk
£10.50 per hour PAYE
Cedar are currently looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a technology business on an interim basis.
- Review of Purchase Requisitions, ensuring any spending outside of budgets is justified and authorised.
- Match purchase invoices received to purchase orders, code and process the invoices, and gain the relevant invoice approvals through Finance systems.
- Review supplier statements along with the aged creditors on a weekly basis to ensure invoices are being paid within credit terms and follow up on any outstanding invoices with the relevant approver.
- Prepare payment runs for the Manager, Finance to approve and enter into the online banking system.
- Assist the Finance Team with inputting supplier payments onto Yardi and file paid invoices.
- Deal with supplier queries and monitor the Accounts Payable (AP) email inbox on a daily basis.
- Update fixed assets invoice library on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Manager, Finance with credit control tasks.
- Produce and code customer invoices for approval, before sending out to customers.
- Review customer Purchase Orders received and notify the customer of acceptance of satisfactory Purchase Orders.
- Review quarterly credit safe reports for customer accounts.
- Assist the Manager, Finance with month end procedures, such as deferred revenue recognition, prepayments and fixed assets.
- Check monthly employee expense claims before passing to Manager, Finance for processing.
- Ensure power reports are completed on a monthly basis.
- Support Accounts Receivable activities as required, Assistance with Annual audit, ad hoc tasks as required.
- Extensive purchase ledger experience is essential.
- AAT Level 1 qualified, desirable.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail, strongly preferred.
- Experience of working in a Data Center or Critical Infrastructure environment, preferred but not essential.
- Experience in dealing with customer issues and problem solve.
- Able to plan, organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft desktop, as well as Microsoft Office 365.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate internally with team members as well as externally with vendors and other service providers.
- Work effectively in collaboration cross-functionally to achieve shared goals and deliver business objectives.
- Travel is expected to be less than 5%, occasionally for training purposes.
- Potential employees must complete a background check successfully.
If this role is of interest, please apply online ASAP. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.