City of London, London
£24000 - £28000 per annum
3 months ago
Cedar is currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant for a globally renowned law firm based in the City of London.
The company enjoys a stellar reputation across the world and are looking for someone who will need to be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines - for example, drawings, distributions and profit allocations need to be made on time.
The role deals mainly with the partners of the company, and primarily encompasses responsibility for payments to partners, accounting for various partner related transactions as well as responsibility in other non-accounting areas.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Bank reconciliations
- Entry and reconciliation of all transactional accounts
- Assisting the Taxation Team with recording tax transactions
- Working with the overseas office and Accountants to ensure that the duties mentioned above are carried out with minimal errors
- Dealing with queries from Partners
- Ongoing review, simplification and documentation of the department's procedures in relation to all the above.
- Maintain complete and accurate data in respect of capital, including: maintaining the register of capital subscribed by Partners and associated capital loan details, assisting as required in the process for collecting capital subscriptions, collection of capital from new Partners and repayment of capital/capital loan balances to retired Partners.
- Basic accounting knowledge/skills, with a desire to develop them/
- Must be confident using Excel with linked spreadsheet and formulas such as Sumif and VLOOKUP.
- A proven ability to plan ahead is essential as you will need to be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- The individual must be thorough and will be expected to check his or her own work carefully and to have others review it critically. The output of the Partner Matters team generally has a very high profile and errors will be noticed.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with colleagues, Partners and third parties.
- The candidate must be capable of dealing with tact and discretion in his/her dealings with Partners and capable of ensuring that the confidentiality of the information is maintained.
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company with a global presence, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.