City of London, London
£27000 - £30000 per annum + Study Support
3 months ago
Cedar is currently recruiting an Accounts Assistant for a growing financial service company based in the City of London.
The company is currently migrating the global accounting responsibilities to their London office, so there's growth within this role to gain experience with group accounting.
The ideal candidate will be progressive by nature (study support is on offer), have previous experience within an SME environment with experience of assisting with the production of the management accounts, and will have the confidence to communicate directly with senior members of the business.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Assisting the migration of overseas accounting functions to the London office
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Coordinating expenses and purchase invoice approval; prepare AR invoices; Credit Control
- Processing Bank payments and XERO system bank reconciliations
- Preparing supplier statement reconciliations
- Management of the fixed asset register
- Assist in the production of monthly management accounts
- Raising journals and preparing accruals and prepayments
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the production of budgets and forecasts
- Assist in preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Assistance with year-end procedures and liaising with auditors
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory year end accounts
- Completion of ad-hoc duties and providing support to finance operations
- Intermediate Excel skills (VLOOKUPS and Pivot Tables)
- Currently studying ACCA or CIMA
- Good organisational & prioritisation skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach, with a problem-solving mind-set
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.