Cedar are currently looking for an Accounts Assistant to join a dynamic finance team based in Wimbledon on a permanent basis.
£27,000 per annum + study support
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Currently hybrid working- 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (this could eventually increase to 5 days in the office).
- Post sales and purchase invoices to the ledgers.
- Post the bank receipts and bank payments to the ledgers.
- Complete filing on a daily basis.
- Check purchase invoices to purchase orders in RAM (Purchase Order system)
- Produce weekly reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Extract suggested supplier payments list and presenting to Financial Controller for payment.
- Check that all invoices are signed off by appropriate department managers before processing for payment.
- Process the payment of authorised invoices.
- Prepare and email remittance advice to suppliers following payment runs.
- Set up new customers and suppliers, including credit checks as and when required.
- Filing hard copies and electronic copies of purchase invoices
- Post all other bank transactions, bank charges, DD's etc.
- Enter month end figures on to Excel report monthly, for cash flow purposes.
- Bank cheques received and post all remittances to Sage 200.
- Conduct daily bank reconciliations and document all month end reconciliations.
- With Assistant Accountant manage credit control processes including issuing customer statements, follow up payment reminders, resolution of queries and contacting customers where required.
- Answer telephone and deal with incoming enquiries.
- Produce ad hoc reports and analysis relating to purchase ledger, bank accounts, general expenditure and employee expenses as required.
- Undertake any other reasonable management request, which may from time to time be reasonably required.
- Undertake any prescribed training, either formal or on the job, as required.
- At least 12 months finance experience in a similar role
- Experience in sales ledger, purchase ledger, bank transactions, journals, and multi-currency
- Good knowledge of Sage 200
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, flexible, and enthusiastic approach to work
If this role is of interest, please apply online ASAP. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.