Cedar are currently looking for an Accounts Assistant to join a professional services firm based in The City.
£28,000- £32,000 per annum
- Substantial input into the annual year end accounts process including preparing 'audit' level files for presentation for review and ultimately to the Group external auditors.
- Monthly management accounts for Group subsidiaries and assisting the Group FC and / or Deputy FC with other management accounts on the core entities.
- Assist in budget preparation and linking to budget holders.
- Assist in supporting other team members therefore gaining sufficient knowledge of our software and systems e.g., purchase ledger accounts, aged debts, aged creditors, bank reconciliations.
- Assist in larger scale annual processes such as insurance renewals, P11D and PSA information, supporting information for tax computations.
- Assistance with data collation and reports for ad hoc tasks and requirements.
- Actively contribute to the development and processes of the department.
- Provide assistance to miscellaneous assignments such as value for money reporting, direct partner queries, environmental issues or ad hoc business to business queries.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to prepare annual UK statutory accounts with supporting working papers for the year end audit process.
- Some familiarity of the Companies Act and audit process.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of VAT returns.
- All round accounting skills, reconciliations and control accounts, journal adjustments.
- Financial administration for example: bank mandates, letter writing skills, drafting budgets, statutory returns of information.
- Knowledge of time-based work in progress, client disbursements and its valuation.
- Experience of working in a group enterprise and handling financial matters for several varying companies.
- Good and demonstrable IT skills, adaptable to new software and experienced in Excel.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills - candidates need to be self-motivated, dynamic and with confidence to ask questions at any level.
- A meticulous eye for detail and pride in their work is also recommended.
- Calm professional approach and good team working skills - able to bond into a hardworking, organised but lively team.
If this role is of interest, please apply online ASAP. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.