City of London, London
£24000 - £27000 per annum
5 months ago
Accounts Assistant - - £24k - £27k - - City of London
Cedar is currently working closely with a renowned Accountancy firm based in the City of London that is recruiting an Accounts Assistant to join their in-house finance team.
The Accounts Assistant will be solely responsible for the AP function, so previous AP experience is essential, and will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a more varied role by assisting with Balance Sheet reconciliations, assisting with journal postings, and generally supporting the Finance Manager.
The company is a traditional firm, though they are currently working hard to implement new procedures around core hours, overtime schemes, and upgrades to systems and processes, to modernise the environment.
The team is very close-knit, and they are looking for someone who will fit in with the lively environment.
Some of the duties for the role are:
- Sole responsibility for the AP function
- Posting invoices , and checking coding and authorisation of invoices
- Assisting staff with coding queries
- Processing payment runs
- Send out remittances
- Raising and posting manual cheques and BACS/CHAPS payments
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Resolve queries from suppliers and staff
- Filing invoices and statements
- Daily banking and posting of cash receipts
- Handling of London petty cash and weekly reconciliation
- Posting of regional office payments and petty cash
- Posting of direct debits, standing orders and transfers
- Daily posting of disbursements
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations
- Previous AP experience is essential, as is a basic understanding of bookkeeping
- Good organisational & prioritisation skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is looking to join a fantastic and exciting company, and enhance, as well as utilise, their existing skills.