£25000.00 - £27000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Accounts Assistant - Payroll - London - Up to £26,000 - Boutique retailer
The Accounts Assistant will be apart of a Boutique retailer where they will gain exposure to Payroll and basic bookkeeping. The main components will be; preparing payroll submissions for external payroll providers, being the main point of call for any payroll queries, get involved with basic bookkeeping which includes reconciliations and covering for the Assistant Accountant.
- Prepare monthly payroll submission for external payroll provider, ensuring all starters, leavers and pay adjustments have been correctly accounted for.
- Month-end payroll journals posting.
- First point of contact for all payroll related queries from staff around the business.
- Submission of monthly pension reports and benefit schemes.
- Balance sheet reconciliation of all payroll related accounts.
- Oversee purchase invoice processing and assist where required.
- Daily Bank and cash reconciliation for multiple accounts including foreign currency.
- Prepare and upload all supplier payment runs on a weekly basis.
- Maintain company credit cards, reconcile and post statements on a monthly basis.
- Post and prepare payment run for all staff expenses.
- Process all customer and VAT refunds and ensure all systems are updated accordingly.
- General admin office support.
- Previous Payroll and basic Bookkeeping experience.
- Great attention to detail.
- Experience in using Navision preferable.
- Willingness to take on additional tasks when required.
- Can do attitude.
This would be a great opportunity for a someone early in there career who comes from a payroll background but would like exposure to bookkeeping. You will joining a close knit team in a busy environment which can give you exposure to other areas of Transactional finance.
If you are interested in this position, do not hesitate to apply.