£25000 - £30000 per annum
10 months ago
My client is a growing, fast-paced finance team looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Associate to join us on a permanent position and take full responsibility for the day-to-day running of the accounts payable. My client are looking for candidates who have previous experience in working within a fast paced, B2B environment who are looking to add value to the business function. Additionally, it is crucial that the Accounts Assistant has had practical exposure to the P&L, Balance Sheet and multi-currency experience.
Duties to include:
* Coding all supplier invoices correctly as per budget
* Ensuring all expenditures comply with company policies and procedures, and follow up with individual staff members to ensure compliance with policies.
* Ensuring expense claims comply with company policies
* Ensuring correct VAT treatment of all purchase ledger transactions.
* Preparing supplier and payment reconciliation's as required.
* Performing ad hoc analysis and assisting Management Accountant as required.
* Resolving queries from suppliers and assisting with year-end global audit
* Chasing approvals of invoices in timely manner and effectively dealing with invoice queries
In addition to these duties, the Accounts Assistant will also provide some support in providing back up to the Finance team at month end; additionally, there will be some ad hoc administrative responsibilities, including opening the post, answering the phone and assisting with general queries.
In addition to a friendly, flexible and fun working environment, we provide a range of other benefits, including extensive health insurance, income protection, life assurance, subsidised gym membership, leisure travel insurance, pension contribution and a Cycle2Work scheme, as well as 25 days' holiday allowance.
Must have skills/experience:
* At least 3 years' experience in a similar role
* Exposure of multi-currency
* Clear and diplomatic communicator
* Self-starter with ability to use own initiative to tackle problems and improve procedures
* Experience with dealing with expenses, preferably use of Concur system but not essential
* Good excel skills and excellent eye for detail
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated
* Well organised
* Working towards a professional qualification i.e. AAT/CIMA/ACCA