Cedar is currently partnered with a Private-Equity Backed Financial Services business to help them secure an Interim Accounting Policy Manager. The role would be based in their office in The City. The role is a 3-6 month initial contract, paying a day rate between £500-650 on an Umbrella company basis.
This rapidly growing business has made a significant impact on the Financial Services market over recent years. Support from their Private Equity investors has enabled them to expand their operations into EMEA and APAC. They are a highly agile, technology driven firm that has expanded ambitiously through acquisition.
As Accounting Policy Manager, you will cover:
- Ensure financial statements comply with IFRS and local GAAPs for the Group.
- Draft accurate accounting papers for all transactions, following accounting standards.
- Collaborate on creating and maintaining policies guiding financial operations.
- Facilitate smooth statutory audits, assisting in year-end audit preparation.
- Aid in specific disclosures within consolidated financial statements, maintaining transparency.
- Stay updated with accounting standards, conducting necessary research for compliance.
- Help maintain and update Group accounting policies to reflect the latest standards.
- Assist in preparing and filing documents for listing, meeting regulatory requirements.
- Review disclosure requirements, providing justifications for accounting treatment decisions.
- Write comprehensive accounting policy papers to document principles and practices.
You will ideally have:
- A formal Accountancy Qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CA, etc).
- Experience within an acquisitive, fast-growth environment
- Experience gained within a large, complex reporting environment.
- Experience dealing with multiple robust internal and external stakeholders.
- The rate of £500-650 per day represents either a logical increase in your rate or a similar level to your previous experience.
- Prior experience within a Financial Services business is useful.
Compensation & Benefits
As well as the day rate of £500-650 per day this contract role as Interim Accounting Policy Manager, offers the chance to work alongside a team of talented professionals and contribute to the continued success of the firm.
The role offers exposure to a highly innovative, entrepreneurial business during a phase of expansion and development. You will contribute directly to overall process improvement, controllership and reporting within this firm, during a critical juncture in their journey.
Their highly impressive office in The City of London is within walking distance of multiple tube and rail stops.