Salary is £36,000 + study support.
Full time office based.
Permanent, full-time role
Are you an enthusiastic AAT qualified finance professional with a drive for success? Are you seeking a role within a practice that will support your ACCA journey? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
Cedar have partnered with a leading accountancy firm based in Central London who are recruiting for a Accounting Associate to join their corporate team.
The successful candidate will have solid experience of preparing statutory and management accounts and VAT returns. This role is client facing, so first class communication is key. Previous experience working within practice is highly desirable, however, not essential.
- Carry out all accounting work for a wide range of profit-making organisations and charities in compliance with the firm's and statutory procedures.
- Prepare management accounts, statutory financial reports, including consolidated accounts, from manual and computerised accounting records.
- Prepare VAT Returns.
- Provide general accounting services and assistance to clients in the preparation of accounts and VAT returns.
- Recommend improvements to clients' accounting systems and controls.
- Keep Managers and Partners informed of the progress on the team's jobs.
- Understand the specification of the assignment agreed with the client.
- Take ownership of an assignment and see it through to completion.
- Keep costs within budget wherever possible.
- AAT qualified (or equivalent)
- GCSE and A Level passes
- Experience of working within a practice minimum 3+ years
- Experience of preparing statutory and management accounts and VAT returns
- Excellent communication skills
- Client facing experience
- MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Accounting software knowledge and experience - QuickBooks, Xero and Sage (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience with other accounting add-ons (compatible with cloud accounting software, for example, Dext, FUTRLI and Expensify).
- Advanced Excel skills (desirable)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.