£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Cedar are currently looking for an Accountant (German cluster) to join a luxury retail firm based in Central London.
This role will be paying £45,000 to £50,000 per annum. (DOE)
A German speaker would be desirable.
The Accountant will perform month-end processes, management reporting, statutory reporting, balance sheet reconciliations and compliance related activities (i.e., VAT and Statistics). Additionally, they will assist with Payroll and Benefits as relevant and other Ad-Hoc accounting tasks.
The role will partner closely with the Retail team, and the Global Finance function based in Parsippany, NJ, USA.
- Completion of the month end close processes and, posting of close journals and preparation of supporting month end schedules.
- Assist with the review of results pre-close (vs Plan /Trend analysis etc) to ensure that the accounts are accurate. Other close reporting as required.
- Monthly preparation of all balance sheet reconciliations to ensure that all accounts are adequately reconciled and that all aged items are resolved in a timely manner (<30 days).
- Preparation of bank reconciliations and ensuring that there are no aged items over 30 days on the bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for accurate and Timely submission of VAT and other regulatory returns.
- Assist with preparation and timely submission of all statutory reporting and filings as relevant.
- Reporting as required.
- Accounting for Payroll as relevant.
Required Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements:
- Fully or part-qualified qualified accountant.
- At least 2-3 year related work experience in industry, preferably in the retail sector.
- Must be well presented, outgoing and self-motivated with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with JD Edwards is a bonus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in German language
If this role is of interest, please apply online ASAP. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.