£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + bonus + 10% pension + bens
about 1 month ago
A high calibre Senior Accountant is sought by a leading Financial Services company in the City to join their new Financial Risk & Assurance team. The company has grown rapidly in recent years and has gone from a UK-only business to one with operations in almost 40 countries via organic growth and dozens of acquisitions. They plan to double in size again over the next four years and need to bolster their Financial Risk & Assurance team to act as a Second Line of Defence.
Reporting into a very experienced and dynamic Group Head of Financial Risk Management & Assurance, your role will be scope out, define and implement a robust control environment that supports all the OpCos in this entrepreneurial business. This will be done by:
- designing & implementing a new, upgraded global Financial Control Framework. Develop and maintain this going forward.
- assisting in the roll out of a new system to record (i) attestations (ii) balance sheet reconciliations and (iii) management and reporting of compliance
- performing business reviews to evaluate the existing financial control environment and identify gaps / improvements that may be required.
- working with stakeholders to remedy any financial control review gaps and identify improvements.
- completing ad hoc requests for senior stakeholders.
The successful candidate for this Senior Accountant - Financial Risk & Assurance role will be someone who has:
- an accountancy qualification (ACA preferred, ACCA / CIMA others considered).
- prior experience in an external audit, internal audit or a financial risk management function.
- a strong appreciation of the benefit that robust controls can play to the smooth running of a growing business.
- an outgoing personality with the desire to overcome challenges & drive change.
- the ability to take a pragmatic approach to ensure you can deliver.
Significant opportunities for progression exist within both this team and the wider company.