Cedar are currently looking for a PQ/ Finalist Accountant to join a retail firm on an interim basis, this contract will be for 6 months initially.
Based in Central London
Paying up to £60,000 per annum.
- Execute period end accounting activities in NetSuite
- Process monthly journal entries requested by teams
- Perform Reporting activities during closing book and consolidate financial results along with other financial reporting
- Maintain necessary GL adjustments and notify business based on review of trial balances
- Maintain finalization of GL trial balance
- Perform post closure activities - Perform balance sheet reconciliations within purview GTH team
- Prepare financial reports based on policy, procedures, or audit requirements
- Prepare schedules for statutory, internal Audits and interacting with auditors
- Resolve queries from divisional / BU teams and root cause analysis
- Active engagement through calls with teams during the month end
- Participating in continuous improvement projects within GTH
- Experience of sales to cash reconciliations
- Assisting the monthly close process, providing reporting to support the close including monthly flash P&L reports, system reconciliations,
- Ownership of the Shop P&L reporting process, running, and publishing P&Ls for all shops, areas, and regions.
- Developing a good understanding of the trading position of the group, assisting with the preparation of monthly financial review packs for the Managing Directors.
- 3rd Party delivery income - overseeing the revenue recognition process from 3rd party delivery sites, ensuring that amounts received reconcile with shop reporting.
- Rebate and commercial income - working with the Commercial Finance team, to ensure that our accounting for rebates is correct and all estimations are supported.
- Sales, COGs and Labour reconciliations - Ensuring that our source systems agree and preparing reconciliations and adjustments around key trading P&L lines such as cost of food, waste, and labour.
- Stock - preparing monthly stock reconciliations and reporting to internal audit.
- Ensure all operational activities performed meet or exceed agreed KPIs and SLAs defined between Markets and GTH and is within a strong internal control framework.
- Focus on ensuring 100% compliance to internal controls
- Contribute to process excellence by identifying improvement opportunities to make the process leaner and more effective
Skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field is required.
- Professional accounting qualification is required i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar
- ERP training and certification is a plus (NetSuite preferred)
- At least 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience in RTR / management accounting is required
- NetSuite and retail industry experience preferred
- Strong technical background with experience in large organisations applying IFRS is desired
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and (ERP System)
- Highly analytical individual with good maths & statistical knowledge, with a mathematics or similar background highly advantageous
- A commercial mindset, able to extract insight from complex data, ideally having worked in a similar commercial role before
- Strong relationship builder with those inside and outside of Finance
- Resilient - able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to analyse information and present it in a format that is easily understood by the audience
If this role is of interest, please apply online ASAP. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.