Cedar are currently looking for an Accountant on a 6 month interim basis to join a retail firm in Central London.
Paying up to £40,000 per annum (Pro rata)
Order to cash experience would be desirable.
- Review credit applications, customer financial statements, credit reports and other relevant data to evaluate credit risk and determine credit worthiness of potential and existing customers.
- Monitor specific credit applications, customer financial statements, credit reports and other relevant data to evaluate credit risk and determine credit worthiness of potential and existing customers.
- Prepare analysis reports and monitors compliance with established goals.
- Manage Third Party Collection process.
- Manage a designated accounts receivable portfolio.
- Collect customer outstanding balances by enforcing terms of sale.
- Establish timely resolution of over/short payments, deductions and disputes.
- Review and take action on orders on hold.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries; creating reports and analysis as well as other tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Focus on minimising risk and improve profitability and the collections cycle.
- Manage dispute activities, such as:
- Manage the investigation and resolution of Deductions/Dispute Cases.
- Prepare monthly bad debt analysis.
- Focus on opening cases, securing support documentation from customer or portal and attaching to SAP Dispute Case, coding claim attributes and a variety of reporting and analysis.
- Code non-defined deductions for relevant market.
- Scan and store debit note/trade invoices provided by the Customers.
- Prepare and send ad hoc reports to local markets with the open deductions.
- Process Non-Trade Deduction (Pricing, Delivery Issues, Rebates, Bonus Quantity Discounts, Disallowed discounts, Price Claim and Penalties/Customer Charges) analysed and validated by Local Markets: clear valid deductions (offset/write off), split deductions (partially valid), and mark deductions as invalid.
- Write-off aged deductions.
Month End Activities
- Posting and reconciling Accounts Receivable activity to the GL.
- Provide any related information to RtR team required for the MEC activities.
Skills & Experience:
- 4 years accounting experience
- Strategic thinking
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and NetSuite would be an advantage
- Highly analytical individual
- A commercial mindset, able to extract insight from complex data, ideally having worked in a similar commercial role before
- Either professionally qualified (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) or equivalent experience
- Excellent Microsoft Excel reporting and modelling skills - quick and efficient at creating reports and manipulating data from various systems to support analysis
- Strong relationship builder with those inside and outside of Finance
- Resilient - able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to analyse information and present it in a format that is easily understood by the audience
If you are interested in my role, please apply online ASAP.