Kubrick Group provides organisations with high-impact and cost-effective data, AI, and cloud solutions by finding smart, diverse talent to specialise in cutting- edge skills and technologies and deploying them. In doing so, they have been recognised as the 2nd fastest-growing company in UK by the 2020 Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100.
- Building from a track record of rapid growth and success, and to support the next chapter of expansion including the US, Kubrick engaged with Private Equity firms to raise external funding for the first time.
- The CFO required a highly capable Group Financial Controller who could own end-to-end finance and support the CFO and Exec as Kubrick navigated its way through the funding round and continued on its accelerated growth path. This was business critical hire. Due to the long list of required skills and the distinct culture fit needed, in the words of the CEO they were looking to recruit ‘a unicorn’.
- Kubrick approached Cedar following a recommendation to them from an existing Cedar client.
- Cedar orchestrated a retained search campaign to create a comprehensive market map of high-potential CFOs, who possessed the commerciality, technicity, and personality to lead such an integral function.
- The recruitment process was executed with a first-time shortlist presented within 2 weeks of the project commencement.
The role was filled following interviews with several exceptional candidates who all met the brief, affording Kubrick the opportunity to be extremely choosy with its final selection. Kubrick was delighted with the entire recruitment process and specifically commended the Managing Consultant for his clarity of communication, tenacity, perseverance and adherence to a complicated brief. They have since asked Cedar to assist them with further hires.
"We engaged Cedar to assist us with a particularly specific brief. Their attention to the process was excellent, candidates were all of a high quality and Cedar gave good quality advice to us throughout the search. Having worked in the industry I know first-hand how much effort they put into the search. Well done and thanks”
Tim Smeaton - Managing Partner & Founder